What Data is Collected by the Catalyst Websites?
Information you provide to us
Personal information you may provide to us through the Catalyst Websites or otherwise includes:
- Contact data, such as your first and last name, salutation, email address, billing and mailing addresses, professional title and company name, and phone number.
- Communications that we exchange with you, including when you contact us with questions or feedback, through the Catalyst Websites, social media, or otherwise.
- Marketing data, such as your preferences for receiving our marketing communications and details about your engagement with them.
Information from Third-party Sources
- Public sources, such as social media platforms, and other publicly available sources.
- Data providers, such as information services and data licensors that provide demographic, technographic, and firmographic information.
- Marketing partners, such as joint marketing partners and event co-sponsors.
Automatically Collected Data
We, our service providers, and our business partners may automatically log information about you, your computer or mobile device, and your interaction over time with the Catalyst Websites, our communications and other online services, such as:
- Device data, such as your computer’s or mobile device’s operating system type and version, manufacturer and model, browser type, screen resolution, device type (e.g., phone, tablet), IP address, unique identifiers (including identifiers used for advertising purposes), language settings, mobile device carrier, and general location information such as city, state, or geographic area.
- Online activity data, such as pages or screens you viewed, how long you spent on a page or screen, the website you visited before browsing to the Catalyst Websites, navigation paths between pages or screens, information about your activity on a page or screen, access times and duration of access, and whether you have opened our marketing emails or clicked links within them.
How You Can Control Advertising Cookies
How Do We Use Information Collected Through the Catalyst Websites?
We may use your personal information collected through the Catalyst Websites for the following purposes or as otherwise described at the time of collection:
Service delivery. We may use information collected through the Catalyst Websites to:
- provide, operate and improve the Catalyst Websites and our business;
- communicate with you about the Catalyst Websites, including by sending announcements, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages
- provide support for the Catalyst Websites, and respond to your requests, questions and feedback.
Compliance and protection. We may use information collected through the Catalyst Websites to:
- comply with applicable laws, lawful requests, and legal process, such as to respond to subpoenas or requests from government authorities;
- protect our, your or others’ rights, privacy, safety or property (including by making and defending legal claims);
- audit our internal processes for compliance with legal and contractual requirements or our internal policies;
- enforce the terms and conditions that govern the Catalyst Websites;
- prevent, identify, investigate and deter fraudulent, harmful, unauthorized, unethical or illegal activity, including cyberattacks and identity theft.
With your consent. In some cases, we may specifically ask for your consent to collect, use or share your personal information, such as when required by law.
How Do We Share Information Collected Through the Catalyst Websites?
Service providers. Third parties that provide services on our behalf or help us operate the Service or our business (such as hosting, information technology, customer support, email delivery, marketing, and website analytics).
Advertising partners. Third-party advertising companies for the interest based advertising purposes described above.
Business and marketing partners. Third parties with whom we collaborate on joint activities (such as co-sponsors of contests and promotions), with whom we have entered into joint marketing relationships or other joint ventures.
Professional advisors. Professional advisors, such as lawyers, auditors, bankers and insurers, where necessary in the course of the professional services that they render to us.
Authorities and others. Law enforcement, government authorities, and private parties, as we believe in good faith to be necessary or appropriate for the compliance and protection purposes described above.
Business transferees. Acquirers and other relevant participants in business transactions (or negotiations and diligence for such transactions) involving a corporate divestiture, merger, consolidation, acquisition, reorganization, sale or other disposition of all or any portion of the business or assets of, or equity interests in, Catalyst (including, in connection with a bankruptcy or similar proceedings).
Does Catalyst Collect Data From Children?
Protecting the privacy of children is especially important. For that reason, we do not intentionally collect or maintain information from children under the age of 13, and no part of our website is directed to anyone under 13. If we learn that we have collected personal information of a child without the consent of the child’s parent or guardian as required by law, we will delete it.
How long Does Catalyst retain Data Collected?
How long we keep information we collect about you depends on the type of information, as described in further detail below. After such time, we will either delete or de-identify your information or, if this is not possible, then we will securely store your information and isolate it from any further use until deletion is possible.
We retain personal information that you provide to us where we have an ongoing legitimate business need to do so (for example, as needed to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements).
When we have no ongoing legitimate business need to process your personal information, we delete the information or de-identify it, or if this is not possible, store your personal information and isolate it from any further processing until deletion is possible. We will delete this information at an earlier date if you so request, as described below.
If you have elected to receive marketing communications from us, we retain information about your marketing preferences for a reasonable period of time from the date you last expressed interest in our content, products, or services, such as when you last opened an email from us or ceased using your Catalyst Web Application account.
We retain information derived from cookies and other tracking technologies for a reasonable period of time from the date such information was created.
The data our customers/account holders collect by using the Catalyst Web Application is retained according to the relevant agreements with our customers/account holders.
How can I manage or delete information about me?
Reviewing, Correcting, and Removing Your Personal Information
You have the following data protection rights:
- You can request access, correction, updates, or deletion of your personal information.
- You can object to processing of your personal information, ask us to restrict processing of your personal information, or request portability of your personal information
- If we have collected and process your personal information with your consent, then you can withdraw your consent at any time. Withdrawing your consent will not affect the lawfulness of any processing we conducted prior to your withdrawal, nor will it affect processing of your personal information conducted in reliance on lawful processing grounds other than consent.
- You have the right to complain to a data protection authority about our collection and use of your personal information. Contact details for data protection authority in the EEA, Switzerland, and certain non-European countries (including the US and Canada) are available here).
To exercise any of these rights, please contact us at email@example.com. We will respond to your request to change, correct, or delete your information within a reasonable timeframe and notify you of the action we have taken.
To find out more about your rights related to your data that you provide through an account with one of our customers or users (such as if you are using the Catalyst Web Application, please contact the customer/account holder directly. Catalyst acts as a processor for our customers/account holders and will work with our customers/account holders to fulfill these requests when applicable.
How will we notify you of changes to this policy?
If you have any additional questions about our practices, please contact Catalyst as follows:
235 W 23rd St
New York City, NY 10011
Attention: Catalyst Privacy Department