Responsible Disclosure Policy
Last updated: 3/6/2023
We are committed to ensuring the safety and security of our customers. We aim to foster an open partnership with the security community, and we recognize that the work the community does is important in continuing to ensure safety and security for all of our customers. We have developed this policy to both reflect our corporate values and to uphold our legal responsibility to good-faith security researchers that are providing us with their expertise.
Catalyst Software’s Responsible Disclosure Policy covers the following products:
- Catalyst Software’s core platform
We intend to increase our scope as we build capacity and experience with this process. Researchers who submit a vulnerability report to us will be given full credit on our website once the submission has been accepted and validated by our product security team.
We will not engage in legal action against individuals who submit vulnerability reports through our Vulnerability Reporting inbox. We openly accept reports for the currently listed Catalyst Software products. We agree not to pursue legal action against individuals who:
- Engage in testing of systems/research without harming Catalyst Software or its customers.
- Engage in vulnerability testing within the scope of our vulnerability disclosure program.
- Test on products without affecting customers, or receive permission/consent from customers before engaging in vulnerability testing against their devices/software, etc.
- Adhere to the laws of their location and the location of Catalyst Software. For example, violating laws that would only result in a claim by Catalyst Software (and not a criminal claim) may be acceptable as Catalyst Software is authorizing the activity (reverse engineering or circumventing protective measures) to improve its system.
- Refrain from disclosing vulnerability details to the public before a mutually agreed-upon timeframe expires.
How to Submit a Vulnerability
Catalyst leverages an expert 3rd party for exhaustive penetration testing, and this is the primary method for evaluating and resolving external vulnerabilities. While we do encourage submission of vulnerabilities identified through our Responsible Disclosure program, Catalyst will evaluate them against the findings from our penetration testing. At this time, Catalyst does not offer rewards through our Responsible Disclosure program, but if they are unique findings not identified by our Penetration Testing, we will respond to all submissions as outlined below.
To submit a vulnerability report to Catalyst Software’s Product Security Team, please utilize the following email email@example.com.
Preference, Prioritization, and Acceptance Criteria
We will use the following criteria to prioritize and triage submissions.
What we would like to see from you:
- Well-written reports in English will have a higher probability of resolution.
- Reports that include proof-of-concept code equip us to better triage.
- Reports that include only crash dumps or other automated tool output may receive lower priority.
- Reports that include products not on the initial scope list may receive lower priority.
- Please include how you found the bug, the impact, and any potential remediation.
- Please include any plans or intentions for public disclosure.
What you can expect from Catalyst Software:
- A timely response to your email (within 2 business days).
- After triage, we will send an expected timeline, and commit to being as transparent as possible about the remediation timeline as well as on issues or challenges that may extend it.
- An open dialog to discuss issues.
If we are unable to resolve communication issues or other problems, Catalyst Software may bring in a neutral third party to assist in determining how best to handle the vulnerability.
Reporting Abuse or Unethical Behavior
At Catalyst, we strive to operate in an honest, fair and ethical manner, and take abuse or inappropriate behavior seriously. If you have witnessed behavior that you believe to be unethical, harmful or illegal, you may report that using this form.
Your submission will be completely anonymous.